St. Ambrose University
AWSJ Call for Papers
12th Annual Ambrose Women for Social Justice Conference
Witnessing Injustice: Seeking Just Mercy through Mediation and Media
Oct. 20, 2015
7 p.m., Keynote address. Bryan Stevenson, founder and executive director, Equal Justice Initiative, author of
St. Ambrose University Campus
Faculty, staff, students, and community members are invited to present workshops or panels, which are intended to be interactive and to give participants information, courage, and skills to seek justice in their community and world.
Workshop/Panel themes may include, but are not limited to:
• Teaching and Learning about Justice in the classroom and beyond
• Personal Reflections on Gender - Sharing Stories, Learning, and Listening
• Bystander Intervention: changing the story
• Race, Class, Gender, and Justice
• Prism panel
• Restorative Justice Training
• Mediation training
• Intersectionality - How do race, class, gender, and other identities work together to impact our lives?
• Injustices in prisons and jails
• Trauma informed care
• Policy Advocacy
• Racial Profiling
• Using documentary film to raise awareness about injustices
DUE DATE: AUGUST 15
Summary of the workshop (50 words or less about what the participants will learn in your workshop):
Description of Workshop's Learning Objectives:
Participants with disabilities are invited to request accommodations needed to fully participate.
Participants with disabilities should contact Katy Strzepek at StrzepekKatyA@sau.edu.
Audio/Visual Equipment Needs
Do Not Fill This Out