St. Ambrose University
AWSJ Call for Papers
11th Annual Ambrose Women for Social Justice Conference
Gender, Narrative, and Justice: The Power of Story
Oct. 21, 2014
St. Ambrose University Campus
Faculty, staff, students, and community members are invited to present workshops or panels, which are intended to be interactive and to give participants information, courage, and skills to seek justice in their community and world.
Workshop/Panel themes may include, but are not limited to:
• Teaching and Learning about Gender in the classroom and beyond
• Personal Reflections on Gender - Sharing Stories, Learning, and Listening
• Bystander Intervention: changing the story
• Race, Class, Gender, and Justice
• Transgender panel
• Gender and Immigration
• Gender and disabilities - students sharing their SAU experience
• Intersectionality - How do race, class, gender, and other identities work together to impact our lives?
• Testimonies of survivors
• Gender and Justice success stories
• Gender stereotypes
• Women and STEM panel
• Salary Negotiation
• Gender and Religion/Gender and the bible
• Gender and Sports
DUE DATE: AUGUST 15
Summary of the workshop (50 words or less about what the participants will learn in your workshop):
Description of Workshop's Learning Objectives:
Participants with disabilities are invited to request accommodations needed to fully participate.
Participants with disabilities should contact Katy Strzepek at StrzepekKatyA@sau.edu.
Audio/Visual Equipment Needs
Do Not Fill This Out