St. Ambrose University
AWSJ Call for Papers
14th Annual Ambrose Women for Social Justice Conference
Globalization and Gender: Seeking Justice
Oct. 3, 2017
7 p.m., Keynote address by Cathi Tactaquin, Executive Director and co-founder of the National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights (NNIRR).
St. Ambrose University Campus
Faculty, staff, students, and community members are invited to present workshops or panels, which are intended to be interactive and to give participants information, courage, and skills to seek justice in their community and world.
Workshop/Panel themes may include, but are not limited to:
• Teaching and Learning about Gender, Globalization, and Justice in the classroom and beyond
• Celebrating Gender and Globalization: Sharing Cultural Traditions
• Bystander Intervention: Challenging Stereotypes, Building Intercultural Competency
• Race, Class, Gender, and Justice
• Mediation training
• Intersectionality - How do race, nationality, class, gender, and other identities work together to impact our lives?
• Trauma informed care
• Using documentary film to raise awareness about global injustices
DUE DATE: SEPT 1
Summary of the workshop (50 words or less about what the participants will learn in your workshop):
Description of Workshop's Learning Objectives:
Participants with disabilities are invited to request accommodations needed to fully participate.
Participants with disabilities should contact Katy Strzepek at StrzepekKatyA@sau.edu.
Workshops are at the following times:
Audio/Visual Equipment Needs
Do Not Fill This Out